"Architecture should speak of its time and place, but yearn for timelessness." - Frank Gehry
- All City Departments
- Community Develop. Home
- Codes Administration
- Neighborhood Services
- Planning Services
- 135th Street Plan
March 13, 2017 - Church of the Nativity - Request for special use permits for a church and a private elementary school, preliminary plat, and preliminary development plan, property located north of W. 119th Street and east of Tomahawk Creek Parkway.
March 14, 2017 - Nall Valley Shops - Nall Valley Wine & Spirits - a request for a Special Use Permit for Packaged Liquor Sales, located north of 151st Street and east of Nall Avenue
March 14, 2017 - Molle Off-Site Parking - request for a Special Use Permit for off-site parking, located south of 104th Street and west of State Line Road
March 6, 2017 - Brookwood Elementary - request for a Zoning to R-1 (Planned Single Family Low Density Residential District), Special Use Permit for a Public Elementary School, Preliminary Plan, and Preliminary Plat, located at 3411 W. 103rd St.
February 9, 2017 - Lancaster Liquors - Request for a revised final plan and a Special Use Permit, property located at Market Square (3731 W. 133rd Street).
February 16, 2017 - Tomahawk Creek - Johnson County Wastewater Treatment Facility Expansion - Request for a Special Use Permit, Preliminary Plan, and Preliminary Plat, located south of Lee Blvd and east of Mission Road.
January 18, 2017 - Hunter Family Vision - Request for a Preliminary Development Plan and Final Development Plan, located at Parkway Plaza (north of 135th Street and West of Roe Avenue).
January 19, 2017 - Church of the Resurrection Memorial Garden - request for a Special Use Permit, Preliminary Plan, and Final Plan, located south of 137th Street and east of Nall Avenue. January 4, 2017 - Crown Castle - Request for a Special Use Permit for an existing Communication Tower, located at 10750 Lee Boulevard.
November 7, 2016 - Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute - Request for approval of a Special Use Permit for a Hospital, Revised Preliminary Plan, and Revised Final Plan, located south of College Boulevard and west of Tomahawk Creek Parkway.
November 9, 2016 - Hallbrook East Village - Request for approval of a Rezoning from AG and RP-4 to RP-2, Preliminary Plan, and Preliminary Plat, located south of 112th Street and west of State Line Road
November 10, 2016 - Village of Leawood (formally Estates of Old Leawood) - Request for approval of a Rezoning to RP-2, Preliminary Plan, and Preliminary Plat, located south of 89th Street and east of High Drive
- Applicants seeking rezoning, preliminary or revised preliminary development plan approval, preliminary plat approval, or conditional/special use permit approval shall first request a pre-application meeting with City Planning staff.
- The applicant is then informed of the Citizen Participation Program.
- The applicant is required to send courtesy notification to residents within 500 feet of the proposed development and president(s) of adjacent and/or nearby homes associations(s) and submit proof of such notice to City Planning Staff either upon the filing of an application or within ten (10) days thereafter.
- This notice is to provide an opportunity for neighbors in the general proximity to the proposed development to meet and confer with the applicant and attempt to resolve issues that may impact them.
- The meeting shall be held within the City limits of Leawood.
- The applicant shall file a written summary of the general content and comments generated at the contact meeting outlining concerns or issues raised by all parties, with an indication of issues that remain unresolved.
- The summary will provide a basis for City Staff consideration and will become part of the written staff report to the Plan Commission and Governing Body.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS MAY DELAY AN APPLICATION FROM INITIAL CONSIDERATION BY THE PLAN COMMISSION, ULTIMATELY DELAYING THE ENTIRE REVIEW PROCESS.
Planning and Development staff members are available to both residents and the development community to answer questions about pending issues. We encourage interested parties to contact City Hall between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday.
City of Leawood