"What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit." - John Updike
- Leawood Cultural Arts Home
- Arti Gras
- Call for Artists
- How to Submit Art
- Entry Form
- Arti Gras Reception
- Become A Sponsor
- Finalists Instructions
- Art Gallery
Arti Gras - Finalist Instructions
The Leawood Foundation, Leawood Stage Company, and the Leawood Arts Council are humbled by the talent of the artists represented by the artworks submitted for this show. We are thrilled to offer your art to our audience of art enthusiasts.
- 2D works must be framed and wired ready to hang. Stretched canvases may be unframed if the sides are painted. Strip framing and saw tooth hangers are forbidden.
- Sculptures must be independently stable.
- All work must be for sale.
- The sales commission to the Leawood Stage Company or the Leawood Foundation is 30%.
- Artwork may not be removed before the close of the show.
Delivery and Removal of Art
Artist agrees to the specifications, delivery dates and removal dates listed.
Delivery of Artwork
- Wednesday, February 14, 4:00 - 7:00pm or
- Thursday, February 15, 9:00 am - Noon
Any artwork delivered late will not be included in the exhibition.
- Packing materials will not be stored during the show and must be removed upon delivery.
- Artists must sign in artworks when delivered.
- Name of the artist and contact information must be attached to the back of each piece.
Artwork must be removed by the artist or buyer at the specified dates and times.
- Artist must sign out artwork when picked up.
- Any unclaimed artwork will become the property of the Leawood Foundation 30 days after the close of the show.
Pick up Artwork
- Sunday, February 18, 5:00 - 7:00 pm or
- Monday, February 19, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sales and Recognition
All artworks must be for sale. The sales commission to the Leawood Stage Company or the Leawood Foundation is 30% and sales taxes will apply.
- Prices listed on the entry form are binding and cannot be changed after submission to the show.
- All accounts will be settled within 30 days of the conclusion of the show.
- All works will be displayed on the City and Foundation's website. Artists will receive proper recognition as provided by the artist on this application. The City and the Foundation reserve the right to use art images for the purpose of promotion for this show or future shows. Artists grant the City and the Foundation permission to photograph selected artwork for publicity purposes.
All possible care will be taken with submitted artworks. The City of Leawood provides insurance for the show up to a value of $5,000, and the City, the Foundation, and the Arts Council's liability is limited to that amount. The artist is responsible for obtaining additional coverage for any piece of artwork valued over this amount. The City of Leawood has no liability for loss or damage associated with shipping. The artist has 10 days to submit a written claim and 3 bids for repair. In case of a loss the Artist will be required to furnish proof of previous sale of similar works or appraisals in order to document the insurance value declared by the Artist.
Dates of Interest
- Opening Night Reception - Friday, February 16, 2018 - 6:00-9:00 pm (Award winners announced at 7:30 pm)
- Inclement weather date: Saturday, February 17 - 6:00-9:00 pm)
- Public Viewing - Saturday and Sunday 11:00am - 4:00 pm
- Show Closes - Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 4:00 pm