"Every man's ability may be strengthened or increased by culture." - John Abbott
- All City Committees
- Leawood Cultural Arts Home
- Arti Gras
- Natural Reflections
- Leawood Arts Council
- Art in Public Places
- Leawood Stage Company
- Leawood Historic Commission
- Historic Oxford School
For over 15 years Leawood has been considered the model for arts programming in the metropolitan area. Our long standing reputation for arts excellence is a point of pride for the residents of the community. The arts help make Leawood a premier suburban city. Quality cultural arts events are offered to the public and each year increase in quantity and participation.
There is a recognized correlation between the arts and the economic development of a community. The arts are an essential element in economic progress; cities with active and dynamic cultural scenes are more attractive to corporations and potential employees as well as residents.
- The Leawood Arts Council provides art shows, concerts, and educational outreach programming for children and adults.
- The Art in Public Places Initiative boasts over 20 public art installations throughout Leawood.
- The Leawood Stage Company provides top quality theatrical performances year-round, and is considered by many performers as the best place in the area to do a show.
- The Historic Commission offers educational opportunities and events throughout the year at the Historic Oxford Schoolhouse.
The heart and soul of Leawood is now, and always has been, the citizens that voluntarily give time to support the quality of life. The early visionary volunteer citizens brought neighbors together, developed a sense of community, and created a lifestyle of service for the greater good of Leawood.
Volunteers and sponsorships from the business community aid in making the arts programs successful. Without the support of volunteers and sponsors, the City of Leawood would not be able to support high caliber performing arts programs in quantity or quality.
A total of over 19,864 estimated volunteer hours for an average of 60 event dates enriched the lives of over 15, 000 participants of all ages.