"Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant." - Henry David Thoreau

Moving Violations

To amend a moving violation to a non-moving violation you must either:

  • appear in court on your scheduled court date and time and ask to speak to the Prosecutor


  • if you meet certain requirements, you may be able to amend in person by speaking with a court clerk. Click here for more information about amending moving violations.


  • appear in court any Monday between 1:30 - 3:00 pm for attorneys and 3:00 - 4:00 pm for pro se defendants.

In Leawood Municipal Court you are not required to retain an attorney to request an amendment of your charge.