"Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant." - Henry David Thoreau
- All City Departments
- Municipal Court Home
- Contact Numbers
- Court Operations
- Diversions & Plea Agreements
- Moving Violations
- Open Pleas
- Pay Ticket
- Right to An Attorney
- Ticket Lookup
The Leawood Municipal Court offers the following options to pay fines for charges in which the fine amount is specified on the citation. Payments must be received at or before 5:00 p.m. on the day before the scheduled court date. If payment is not received by that time, the defendant must appear in court on the date specified on the citation.
Please note that some citations contain more than one charge. Any charge which does not indicate a fine amount, or any citation which lists "MCA" (mandatory court appearance) on the citation for the charge, or for any one of multiple charges, is not eligible for online payment. Those citations require that the defendant appear in person at the time and date specified on the citation.
Make Your Payment Online
- It may take up to two weeks for a new citation to be listed on CitePay USA's website.
- If you choose to pay online, your plea will be entered as "no contest" and it will result in a conviction, which may be reported to your local license authority.
- To make a payment you will be asked to enter the citation number or court case number, your date of birth, a valid MasterCard, Visa or Discover Card, the cardholder's name, address and phone number.
Things to know about the service -
- Payments must be made in full for individual charges/violations.
- Payments will show as "CitePayUSA Kansas Court" on your billing statement.
If you have lost your citation, you may call the court clerk's office at (913) 339-6735, during regular business hours to receive the information you will need to pay online.
ADDITIONAL PAYMENT OPTIONS
Fines and cost may also be paid with cash, check, money order and Visa, MasterCard, Discover credit cards at the Leawood Municipal Court office during regular business hours.
Walk-in:Leawood City Hall, Court Clerk counter, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. â€“ 5:00 p.m.
Mail-in: Leawood Municipal Court, 4800 Town Center Drive, Leawood, KS 66211
Drop Box: Located in the parking lot on the SW corner of the City Hall building.
Please reference the ticket number or defendant's name,
or include the citation with your payment.
Make checks payable to the City of Leawood.
There will be a $35.00 charge on all returned checks.
City of Leawood