Planning Services is tasked with the mission to provide the most up to date Planning information, techniques, and ordinances to the Plan Commission and Governing Body, in order, to successfully guide the community’s growth and quality of life.
In order to successfully guide the community’s growth, the Leawood Comprehensive Plan has been prepared. The purpose of the Comprehensive Plan is to guide the growth and development of the community and include analysis, recommendations and proposals for the community’s population, economy, housing, transportation, community facilities and land use.
A copy of these documents can be obtained from the Planning and Development department. Please contact the planning office at (913) 339-6700 ext. 160.
- October 01, 2019 – Five O’Clock Liquor – Request for a Special Use Permit for packaged liquor sales for an existing liquor store.
- October 02, 2019 – Cure of Ars Catholic Church – Request for Rezoning to R-1, Preliminary Plan, Preliminary Plat, Final Plan – Phase 1, Final Plat, Special Use Permit for a Church and School.
- October 09, 2019 – Leawood Elementary School Modular Building – Request for Preliminary Plan, Preliminary Plat, Final Plan, Final Plat, and a Special Use Permit for the placement of a modular building.
- July 11, 2019 – Ranch Mart Shopping Center / McDonald’s – Request for Preliminary Plan, Final Plan, and Special Use Permit.
- July 08, 2019 – Hills of Leawood Villas – Request for Rezoning, Preliminary Plan, and Preliminary Plat.
- Applicants seeking rezoning, preliminary or revised preliminary development plan approval, preliminary plat approval, or conditional/special use permit approval shall first request a pre-application meeting with City Planning staff.
- The applicant is then informed of the Citizen Participation Program.
- The applicant is required to send courtesy notification to residents within 500 feet of the proposed development and president(s) of adjacent and/or nearby homes associations(s) and submit proof of such notice to City Planning Staff either upon the filing of an application or within ten (10) days thereafter.
- This notice is to provide an opportunity for neighbors in the general proximity to the proposed development to meet and confer with the applicant and attempt to resolve issues that may impact them.
- The meeting shall be held within the City limits of Leawood.
- The applicant shall file a written summary of the general content and comments generated at the contact meeting outlining concerns or issues raised by all parties, with an indication of issues that remain unresolved.
- The summary will provide a basis for City Staff consideration and will become part of the written staff report to the Plan Commission and Governing Body.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS MAY DELAY AN APPLICATION FROM INITIAL CONSIDERATION BY THE PLAN COMMISSION, ULTIMATELY DELAYING THE ENTIRE REVIEW PROCESS.
Planning and Development staff members are available to both residents and the development community to answer questions about pending issues. We encourage interested parties to contact City Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.