Last updated March 22, 2021
Coronavirus Information and Resources
State of Kansas
- Governor’s Press Release re: Phases 3 and 4
- Kansas Vaccine Finder: https://www.kansasvaccine.gov/160/Find-My-Vaccine
- For Information on COVID-19 vaccine and availability, please see the Kansas Vaccine Website https://www.kansasvaccine.gov/
- For the latest updates and information related to COVID-19, visit ks.gov
- Governor Kelly’s latest State of Disaster Emergency Proclamation
- For Governor Kelly’s latest Executive Orders, click HERE
- For Governor Kelly’s Executive Order regarding masks, https://governor.kansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/20200702093130003.pdf The Mask order is enforced by the Attorney General, County Attorney or by the District Attorney. Calls regarding the noncompliance of businesses should be directed to 913-715-3003
- For Governor Kelly’s latest press releases, click HERE
- For KDHE Coronavirus (COVID-19) information, click HERE
- County Survey open for phases 3 and 4
- Johnson County “How do I get my vaccine?”: https://jocogov.org/covid-19-vaccine/how-do-I-get-a-vaccine
- For County Updates: https://www.jocogov.org/coronavirus-covid-19-update
- County COVID-19 Dashboard: https://public.tableau.com/profile/mapper.of.the.day.mod.#!/vizhome/covid19_joco_public/Dashboard
United Way Johnson County CARES Act Housing Assistance Fund
- The fund provides help paying past-due rent, mortgage and utility bills for residents of Johnson County who, without the assistance, would be at risk of losing their housing. United Way is pleased to partner with five human service providers serving Johnson County to coordinate this fund. Households may receive up to $5,000 in assistance to help with these needs. Funds are paid directly to landlords, mortgage companies and utility providers. Assistance is available to households experiencing financial hardship and whose annual income does not exceed $73,417.
- For information in English, click https://www.unitedwaygkc.org/stories/johnson-county-cares-act-housing-assistance-fund
- For information in Spanish, click https://www.uwgkc.org/epledge/comm/SurveyNE.jsp?SurveyKeyHex=24392156553C5D5E33517E3E
City Hall is closed to public access and will operate with minimum staffing until further notice.
Late fees for pet licenses will be waived for the remainder of the calendar year 2020 provided that the pets are licensed by December 31, 2020. Questions regarding licensure should be directed to email@example.com.
Building Inspectors are working. Plans and permit applications will be accepted electronically by emailing CodesAdminGen@leawood.org. Any inspection called in by 4:00 PM M-F will be completed the next business day. Inspections will need to be done in isolation. The inspector will call you on the day of the inspection to arrange. Please contact Travis Torrez at 913 238-5321 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Right-of-way permits – Applications for right-of-way permits may only be submitted electronically. Please click on this link for access to the Permits: https://www.leawood.org/licenses-permits/right-of-way-construction-permits/
Right-of-way Inspections – The City will provide inspection for righ-of-way permits, but City staff will not meet directly with contractors. Reports will be completed electronically. Please call 913-663-9130 for an inspection. Inspections may take up to four (4) hours.
- The Leawood Municipal Court is open for scheduled in-person hearings.If any of the following apply to you, please contact the court at 913-339-6735 for your options:
- If you are ill or experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms;
- If you have had a recent exposure to someone with COVID-19;
- If you are at a high-risk for complications related to COVID-19, or live with someone high-risk; or
- If you are unable to wear a mask
- For other issues, you can contact the court clerks during regular business hours at 913-339-6735 or by email at email@example.com
- You may contact the prosecutor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org discuss your case.
- You can pay your fines
- online at leawood.org
- by phone at 913-339-6735
- By check or money order mailed to
- Leawood Municipal Court
4205 Town Center Drive
Leawood, KS 66211
- Leawood Municipal Court
- By placing your check or money order in the dropbox located west of the Municipal Court door
- You can pay your fines
- Click here for more detailed information about appearing in-person.
The safety and security of our residents remains a top priority and the police department will continue to operate patrols throughout the city. For emergencies, call 911. For matters which are not emergencies, please call 913 642-7700.
As we respond to take reports, you may be asked to meet the officer at the front door, in the garage or in another location with fresh air flow.
The police department has suspended the following services until further notice:
- Tours of the Justice Center
We have resumed fingerprinting services for Leawood citizens (verified by driver’s license or utility bill) and for those who work in Leawood (verified with letter from employer on letterhead stating that fingerprints are required for the job). The hours of service for fingerprinting is 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Other requirements:
- Mask required
- We will take your temperature, and if it is 100.4 or above, you will be asked to return in 14 days
- One person allowed in the fingerprint room at a time; no children allowed in room
- Fingerprint cards will be provided only if you do not supply them; please complete cards prior to arrival
The Leawood Fire Department will continue to provide emergency incident response and vital public services.
In response to emergency declarations and best practices:
- Limited public education and outreach activities are available. This includes CPR / AED / First Aid training. For questions regarding other types of education and outreach, please call 913-266-0600.
- Child and infant car seat installations are available by appointment only. Please call Becky at 913-266-0600 to schedule an appointment.
- If you would like a Leawood fire truck and crew to participate in a birthday drive-by event, please call Becky at 913-266-0600 to schedule.
- If you feel you have been exposed to COVID19 or have non-life threatening signs and symptoms such as a low grade fever, a dry cough, or difficulty breathing, contact your healthcare provider for guidance. However, anytime you feel you have a life-threatening emergency, please always call 911 immediately.
Leawood Parks, Recreation and Cultural Arts has largely suspended, and in some cases cancelled, programs and activities over the last several months to help limit the spread of the new coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19). Staff has worked hard to develop responsible operating plans as we aim for the safe, gradual opening of our facilities and programs.
- Leawood Aquatic Center is open to Leawood residents click this link for more information on registration and FAQ’s.
- Parks and Trails are open. Park restrooms are open to use.
- Leawoof Dog Park is open.
- Ironhorse Golf Course is open, please click here for more information or to contact them.
- A limited number of Balloon Tree, Math Monkey, Nature, and Lego Camps are available this summer, to register please click this link.
- Park Shelters are available for rent by calling 913-663-9154.
- The Lodge at Ironwoods Park is open most Wednesday evenings for open tours. If you have any questions regarding the Lodge at Ironwoods or would like to book please call 913-663-9153 or email email@example.com.
- Tennis/Pickleball courts are available to use, please be advised we have tennis camps most days Monday- Friday until 6:30 p.m.
- Playgrounds are now open with the exception of Gezer Park, which is closed for repair but should open soon.
- Prairie Oak Nature Center will have summer camps as planned. For more information and to register for camps click this link.
- The Challenge Course will be closed this summer with a possible reopening date this fall.
- Cabins will not be available to rent until this fall. Please call (913) 696-7770 for more information and availability.
- Fall Soccer registration is available.
- For inclement weather please call 913-982-2433.
To stay informed about upcoming information please subscribe to our quarterly email newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other inquiries please call 913-663-9154.