Massage Therapy Licenses
Pursuant to Leawood City Code, all Massage Therapists and Massage Therapy Establishments are required to be licensed. To renew your Massage License you must do so at least 21 days before your license expires. Failure to do so may result in a delay and you will not be able to provide services until it is approved.
A completed and notarized application is required.
|What application(s) to submit:||Massage Therapist Application||Massage Establishment Application||Massage Est. Additional Applicants|
|Massage Therapist Only||Yes||No||No|
|Massage Establishment Owner (will not provide massage services)||No||Yes||If more than 1 applicant pursuant to 5-520(b)|
|Massage Establishment Owner and Therapist (will provide massage services)||Yes||Yes||If more than 1 applicant pursuant to 5-520(b)|
- Massage Therapist Application – Updated 07/27/2021
- Massage Establishment Application
- Massage Establishment – Additional Applicants
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- Two (2) passport photos
- Payment of non-refundable fee by cash, check, money order, credit or debit card.
- Massage Therapist License: $75.00
- Massage Establishment License: $150.00
- Current State or Federal photo identification
- Supporting documentation, as applicable:
- Current CPR Certification
- Secretary of State registration (Massage Establishment Applications)
- Proof the educational requirements have been satisfied
Once you have submitted a completed application, the Leawood Police Department will contact you for fingerprinting. Appointments are required. The cost of fingerprinting is $53.00 (subject to change) and is required for all new applicants.
Failure to truthfully answer any question or fully disclose required information herein may result in denial of the application.