New Residential Construction Permits
A permit application may be obtained in person from the Codes Administration Division at City Hall or by using this permit application. The form must be filled out completely and returned with the following required information:
- Two sets of plans sealed and signed by an architect or engineer licensed in the State of Kansas.
- A completed permit application.
- A copy of the sewer permit must be submitted prior to permit issuance. Sewer permits are obtained through Johnson County Wastewater (913-715-8500).
- Two original, legal plot plans, signed and sealed by a civil engineer or land surveyor registered in the State of Kansas. The plot plan must include property address, legal description, property dimensions, contour lines, proposed structures and distances to property lines, building lines, location of outside utilities, easements, rights of way and decks.
- Square footage of the garage, unfinished and finished basement, 1st and 2nd floors, and decks must be listed on the permit application.
- Contractors, generals and subs, are required to be licensed with both the City of Leawood and Johnson County. Select this link for more information about Johnson County Contractor Licensing.
Should additional information be needed, you will be contacted by staff. You will also be contacted when the permit is ready to be picked up.
Permits expire after 365 days from the date of issuance. Additional time may be granted if substantial completion can be verified prior to the expiration of the permit.