Planning Services is tasked with the mission to provide the most up to date Planning information, techniques, and ordinances to the Planning Commission and Governing Body, in order, to successfully guide the community’s growth and quality of life.
- Rezoning + Preliminary Plan (Commercial) (pdf)
- Rezoning + Preliminary Plan (Residential) (pdf)
- Special Use Permit + Preliminary Plan (Commercial) (pdf)
- Special Use Permit + Preliminary Plan (Residential) (pdf)
- Special Use Permit for Wireless Communication Facility (pdf)
- Preliminary Development Plan (Commercial & Residential) (pdf)
- Final Development Plan Application (Commercial) (pdf)
- Final Development Plan Application (Residential) (pdf)
- Permanent Sign Plan (pdf)
- Sign Permit Application (pdf)
- Electric Charging Stations – Commercial (pdf)
- Distributed Antenna Systems & Small Cell Facilities (pdf)
- WIFI Administrative Approval Application (pdf)
- Final Plan – Revised Hardscape Plan (pdf)
- Final Plan – Revised Landscape Plan (pdf)
- Sport Court – No Lighting (pdf)
- Sport Court with Lighting (pdf)
- Final Plan – Change to Facade of Tenant Space (pdf)
- Roofing Material and Color (pdf)
- Ground Mounted Utility Boxes (pdf)
- 6409a Non-Substantial Modifications to Base Station (pdf)
- Temporary Use Permit (pdf)
- Recycle Bins in Commercial District (pdf)
- Preliminary Plat (pdf)
- Final Plat (pdf)
In order to successfully guide the community’s growth, the Leawood Comprehensive Plan has been prepared. The purpose of the Comprehensive Plan is to guide the growth and development of the community and include analysis, recommendations and proposals for the community’s population, economy, housing, transportation, community facilities and land use.
A copy of these documents can be obtained from the Planning Services department. Please contact the planning office at (913) 339-6700 ext. 160.
- May 27, 2021 – Cameron’s Court – Request for Rezoning, Preliminary Plan, and Preliminary Plat.
- April 13, 2021 – Leawood Parks Maintenance Facility – Request for Preliminary Plan, Final Plan, Preliminary Plat, and Final Plat.
- March 08, 2021 – The Residences at Parkway Plaza – Request for Preliminary Plan.
- February 24, 2021 – Leawood Fire Station No. 1 – Request for Preliminary Plan, and Final Plan.
- February 17, 2021 – Leawood Aquatic Center – Request for Preliminary Plan, and Final Plan.
- February 08, 2021 – State Line MXD – Request for Rezoning, Preliminary Plan, and Preliminary Plat.
- February 03, 2021 – New Horizon Academy – Request for Special Use Permit, Preliminary Plan, and Final Plan.
- January 13, 2021 – New Horizon Academy – Request for Special Use Permit, Preliminary Plan, and Final Plan.
- Applicants seeking rezoning, preliminary or revised preliminary development plan approval, preliminary plat approval, or conditional/special use permit approval shall first request a pre-application meeting with City Planning staff.
- The applicant is then informed of the Citizen Participation Program.
- The applicant is required to send courtesy notification to residents within 500 feet of the proposed development and president(s) of adjacent and/or nearby homes associations(s) and submit proof of such notice to City Planning Staff either upon the filing of an application or within ten (10) days thereafter.
- This notice is to provide an opportunity for neighbors in the general proximity to the proposed development to meet and confer with the applicant and attempt to resolve issues that may impact them.
- The meeting shall be held within the City limits of Leawood.
- The applicant shall file a written summary of the general content and comments generated at the contact meeting outlining concerns or issues raised by all parties, with an indication of issues that remain unresolved.
- The summary will provide a basis for City Staff consideration and will become part of the written staff report to the Plan Commission and Governing Body.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS MAY DELAY AN APPLICATION FROM INITIAL CONSIDERATION BY THE PLAN COMMISSION, ULTIMATELY DELAYING THE ENTIRE REVIEW PROCESS.
Planning and Development staff members are available to both residents and the development community to answer questions about pending issues. We encourage interested parties to contact City Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.